The information provided is an overview of the Lake County Health Department’s benefit package which is available to full-time Health Department employees. Part-time employees (20+ hours) may be eligible on a pro-rated basis for the benefits listed.
Medical (BlueCross BlueShield)
- HMO/HMO Blue Advantage
- Traditional PPO
- Consumer Driven Health Plan (CDHP)
Prescription – Optum Rx
Dental (Delta Dental)
- Lake County Health Department employees are welcome to receive, at no charge, annual flu and Hepatitis B vaccinations, as well as Tuberculosis testing.
- Group Term Life (Securian)
- Supplemental Term
- Voluntary Life (NCPERS)
Voluntary Insurance (AFLAC)
- Accident Insurance
- Cancer Insurance
- Critical Care & Recovery
- Critical Illness
- Hospital Protection
Professional Development Opportunities
Employee Assistance Program
Health and Dependent Care Savings
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Daycare Account
- Health Savings Account
- Illinois Municipal Retirement (IMRF)
- Deferred Compensation (Nationwide)
Paid Time Off
Pet Insurance (Nationwide)
Home and Auto Insurance (MetLife)
Employee Discount Mall
Work / Life Balance
- Flexible schedules (evenings, nights, weekends, and on-call hours).
- The Commit to Fit (Wellness Program) events are open to all benefit eligible employees to encourage and promote an active and health lifestyle.
Loan repayment is available to Registered Nurses (RN) and Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN) working in a public or private eligible Critical Shortage Facility (CSF) OR Nurse Faculty employed at an eligible school of nursing. A Critical Shortage Facility is a health care facility located in, designated as, or serving a primary medical care or Mental Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA).
The National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Loan Repayment Program (LRP) offers primary medical, dental, and mental and behavioral health care clinicians the opportunity to have their student loans repaid, while earning a competitive salary, in exchange for providing health care in urban, rural, or tribal communities with limited access to care.
The Substance Use Disorder Treatment and Recovery Loan Repayment Program (STAR LRP) provides loan repayment for individuals working in either a full-time substance use disorder (SUD) treatment job that involves direct patient care in a:
- County/municipality where the average drug overdose death rate exceeds the most current national average overdose death rate per 100,000 people, as reported by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), or
- Mental Health Professional Shortage A rea (MHPSA).
- Eligible Disciplines and Specialties: Providers working at STAR LRP-approved S UD treatment facilities.