Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Responsibilities include performing complex work related to accounting duties in addition to monitoring adherence to grant budgets under moderate supervision. Responsible for performing various fiscal functions including accounts receivable, procurement, projects and grants analysis, and reconciliation to general ledger transactions. Assist with reviewing the work of the agency staff for adherence to LCHD and County policies and procedures as it pertains to grant reporting. Assist in training/supporting agency staff on accounting for grants and monitoring grant expenses. Perform data entry of miscellaneous transactions in projects & grants. Analyze various grant reports for adherence to grant budgets and for compliance to grant rules and regulations. Compile and synthesize financial data as requested. Frequently interacts with project managers, grant administrators, coworkers, agency staff, and grant auditors. Participate in all applicable system testing as required.
Location: 3010 Grand Ave, Waukegan, IL
Hours: 40 hours a week; Monday-Friday (8:30am-5:00pm)
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Skills and Experience
- Assist in the interpretation and analysis of financial data and prepare various agency financial grant reports.
- Assist and monitor finance and agency staff for adherence to agency financial policies and grant regulations.
- Assist with internal and external audits.
- Prepare journal entries as required.
- Prepare miscellaneous transactions as needed.
- Reconcile grant transactions to general ledger transactions regularly.
- Assist with the preparation and monitoring of the grant budgets.
- Use the NextGen patient management system, the Oracle ERP system, crystal reports, and personal computer spreadsheets to create reports as needed.
- Perform periodic reviews for compliance to grant requirements.
- Participate in all applicable system testing as required.
- Respond to inquiries, gives appropriate information and referrals, and documents.
- Job Skill Assessment(s) may be required for this role.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Associate Degree in accounting.
- Requires two-year’s minimum experience in an accounting or finance department reconciling and analyzing general ledger accounts and preparing financial reports is preferable.
- Experience with state and federal grant reporting preferred.
- Experience with a diverse healthcare organization or non-profit organization preparing grant expenditure reporting is preferred.
- Experience performing auditing procedures for internal control procedures is preferred.
- Experience using Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and NextGen electronic payment management system or other comparable system is also preferred.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.