Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Responsibilities include performing complex work related to accounting duties in addition to monitoring adherence to budget under moderate supervision. Responsible for performing various fiscal functions primarily in the grants accounting area which also includes accounts receivable, procurement, general ledger transactions and projects and grants transactions. Assist with auditing the work of the agency staff for adherence to LCHD and County policies and procedures. Assist in data entry of payments received within the agency. Analyze various General Ledger accounts and grant project and awards. Compile and synthesize financial data. Frequently interacts with business partners, managers, coworkers, staff, and the general public. Participate in all applicable system testing as required.
Location: 3010 Grand Ave, Waukegan, IL
Hours: 40 hours a week, Monday-Friday (8:30am-5:00pm)
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
Skills and Experience
- Interpretation and analysis of financial data and prepare various agency financial and grant reports.
- Monitor finance and agency staff for adherence to agency financial policies.
- Coordinate internal and external audits.
- Prepare journal entries as required
- Assist with the preparation and monitoring of assigned LCHD grant budgets.
- Use the NextGen patient management system, the Oracle ERP system, crystal reports, and personal computer spreadsheets to create reports.
- Perform periodic audits for compliance.
- Respond to inquiries, gives appropriate information and referrals, and documents, if necessary.
- Display positive attitude and behavior in the accomplishment of job duties.
- Participates in staff meetings, in-service trainings, and seminars to facilitate professional growth and maintain current certification related to billing if required.
- Undertakes joint ownership of processes.
- Takes a personal stake in the success of the organization.
- Must meet minimum productivity expectations.
- Maintains an awareness of and professional involvement/collaboration with community resources.
- Participate in all applicable system testing as required.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree with a major in accounting or Masters of Business Administration with an emphasis in Finance or Accounting.
- Requires (3) three year’s minimum experience in an accounting department reconciling and analyzing general ledger accounts and accounts receivable.
- Experience with a large and diverse healthcare organization is preferred.
- Experience performing auditing procedures for internal control procedures is required.
- Experience using Oracle ERP or NextGen electronic payment management system is also preferred.
- Experience with state or federal grant reporting is preferred.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.