Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Performs technical accounting tasks under immediate supervision. Supports accounting functions in the areas of financial billing and general accounting, working collaboratively to perform financial tasks requiring the ability to research using various types and sources of financial information. Collects and organizes data to assist in the process of billing, accounts payable and payroll, process payments from various programs in to billing systems.
Location: 3010 Grand Ave, Waukegan, IL
Hours: 37.5 hours a week. Monday – Friday (9:00am-5:00pm)
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
Skills and Experience
- Enters accurate information into the accounts receivable, accounts payable, purchasing, and payroll modules of the integrated financial system.
- Enters, classifies, and process requisitions or purchase orders in the integrated financial system for supplies or services for the department.
- Enters and maintains accurate payroll timekeeping information by monitoring reports and inquiring in the integrated financial system.
- Accurately receive items in the integrated financial system, when the goods or services are delivered.
- Classifies and verifies invoices, employee reimbursements, and mileage for accuracy, proper approvals, and completeness prior to entry
- Classifies receipts and expenditures according to a standard accounting classification.
- Schedules payments in the integrated financial system in order to take advantage of discounts for prompt payment.
- Reviews and researches vendor payment information by using inquiry functions, vendor files, and running reports from the integrated financial system.
- Reviews and researches on a regular basis for any open purchase orders.
- Serves as a cashier receiving sums of money for licenses, fees and permits.
- Balances daily collections by running reports.
- Makes bank deposits and enters cash information into the accounts receivable module of the integrated financial system.
- Computes interest, tax or balance due for billing or recording purposes.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Completion of a standard high school program or G.E.D
- Requires a minimum of two (2) years relevant experience.
- Training in general business office and accounting procedures.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.