Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Responsible for providing program support in the Addiction Treatment Program. General duties involve assisting staff with direct client care, preparing and serving client meals, maintaining and stocking kitchen and linen supplies; assists with answering telephone calls and greeting clients, visitors, public.
Location: 3002 Grand Ave, Waukegan, IL
Hours: 40 hours a week, Monday-Friday (7:00am-3:30pm)
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
Skills and Experience
- Assist the staff in direct client care, and admission process
- Communicates any unusual behavior or change in client status to staff.
- Inspects and cleans client rooms after client transfer/discharge.
- Maintains client common areas for cleanliness and orderliness.
- Follows basic food safety principles when preparing, handling and serving client meals.
- Assures delivered meals are date labeled and maintained at correct safe temperature until served.
- Documents and maintains the daily temperature log of kitchen equipment (refrigerators/freezer).
- Responsible for maintaining a sanitary kitchen and great room area.
- Monitors, inventories and restocks routine food items, linen and/or other supplies as needed.
- Transports clients off grounds to appointments for LCHD lab work or external appointments.
- Check in visitors, monitoring client visits with family / loved ones, as well as serving as staff on duty for client needs.
- Answers telephone inquiries, providing information or routing calls to appropriate staff.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding clients/client records.
- Provides atmosphere of customer service in assuring that clients are treated in a respectful manner.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- With a high school diploma or G.E.D. certificate, one-year experience in direct patient care preferred, and
- Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.