Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Our Addictions Treatment Program requires a dedicated Aide to join our friendly team on an as needed basis. We’re seeking a caring and compassionate individual who will enjoy interacting with our clients and assisting them with their daily living activities.You must be warm and friendly, with a strong work ethic, a positive attitude and a genuine passion for providing our clients with high quality care and support.
Location: 3002 Grand Avenue, Waukegan, IL 60085
Skills and Experience:
- Assists the nurse in direct client care by recording vital signs and charting results in NextGen.
- Assists the nurse with admission point of care testing (drug screens and breathalyzer).
- Communicates any unusual behavior or change in client status to nursing staff.
- Inspects and cleans client rooms after client transfer/discharge.
- Maintains client common areas for cleanliness and orderliness.
- Follows basic food safety principles when preparing, handling and serving client meals.
- Assures delivered meals are date labeled and maintained at correct safe temperature until served.
- Documents and maintains the daily temperature log of kitchen equipment (refrigerators/freezer).
- Responsible for maintaining a sanitary kitchen and great room area.
- Monitors, inventories and restocks routine food items, linen and/or other supplies as needed.
- Transports clients off grounds to appointments for LCHD lab work or external appointments.
- Answers telephone inquiries, providing information or routing calls to appropriate staff.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding clients/client records.
- Provides atmosphere of customer service in assuring that clients are treated in a respectful manner.
- Involved in quality improvement activities on an ongoing basis.
- Participates in mandatory in-services, safety drills, staff meetings and trainings.
- Performs other duties as assigned within the scope and responsibilities of the position.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- High school diploma or G.E.D, and one year of experience in direct patient care preferred.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
To learn more about the department you will be working for, please visit the Addictions Treatment Program information page. If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.