Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Our Women’s Residential Services Program (a residential substance abuse program) requires a dedicated Aide to join our friendly team on a full-time basis. We’re seeking a caring and compassionate individual who will enjoy interacting with our clients and assisting them with their daily living activities.You must be warm and friendly, with a strong work ethic, a positive attitude and a genuine passion for providing our clients with high quality care and support.
Location:24647 N Milwaukee Avenue, Vernon Hills, IL
Hours: Sunday through Thursday: 11:00am – 7:00pm
Skills and Experience:
- Assist the staff (Lead Counselor or Counselor III) in direct client care, and admission processes.
- Responsible for the supervision of food preparation and serving, as well as daily temperature logs.
- Assists clients with chores, stocking, drop-off’s, and phone calls.
- Transports in a van, accompanies and supervises the clients during laboratory procedures, and other medical and/or dental appointments.
- Stores food, linens and supplies when delivered, checks the related invoices and keeps inventory of these items.
- Checks in visitors, monitoring client visits with family/loved ones, as well as serving as staff on duty for client needs.
- Answers telephone and documents intake information.
- Maintains an awareness of and professional involvement/collaboration with community resources.
- Responds to inquiries, gives appropriate information and referrals, and documents, if necessary.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D required.
- One year of experience in direct patient care preferred.
- If a recovering person, you must have two years of demonstrated sobriety.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
To learn more about the department you will be working for, please visit the Women’s Residential Services program information page. If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.