Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Responsible for providing care to the clients under the direct supervision of a Lead Counselor or Counselor 3. Recognizes the physical aspects of chemical dependency. Provides program support services as assigned by the Program Coordinators.
Location: 24647 N. Milwaukee, IL
Hours: 37.5 hours a week, Sunday-Thursday (11:00am-7:00pm)
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
Skills and Experience
- Assist the staff in direct client care, and admission processes.
- Responsible for the supervision of food preparation and serving, as well as daily temperature logs.
- Assists clients with chores, stocking, drop-off’s, and phone calls.
- Transports in a van, accompanies and supervises the clients during laboratory procedures, and other medical and/or dental appointments.
- Stores food, linens and supplies when delivered, checks the related invoices and keeps inventory of these items.
- Checks in visitors, monitoring client visits with family/loved ones, as well as serving as staff on duty for client needs.
- Answers telephone and documents intake information.
- Maintains an awareness of and professional involvement/collaboration with community resources.
- Responds to inquiries, gives appropriate information and referrals, and documents, if necessary.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- High School diploma or G.E.D. certificate, one year experience in direct patient care preferred.
- Job Skill Assessment(s) may be required for this role.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.