Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
AP/Accounts Payable Specialist Benefit Review:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vacation Pay
- Sick Pay
- And MUCH MORE!
Location: 3010 Grand Ave, Waukegan, IL
Hours: 37.5 hours a week; Monday-Friday (9:00-5:00pm)
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
AP/Accounts Payable Specialist Summary of Role:
- Primary responsibility to timely research, classify and process accurately accounts payable invoices for payment and to ensure the agency is following all corporate compliance guidelines.
- Supports accounting functions in the area of Accounts Payable, I-Procurement, and General Accounting working independently.
- Problem solve and research using various type and sources of financial information.
- Collects and organizes data to assist in processing and tracking revenues, expenses, vendor payments and grants as needed; and collects, organizes and tabulates data to enhance financial decisions.
- Enters accurate information into the Accounts Payable module financial system.
- Answer correspondence and telephone inquiries furnishing information to the public on a variety of matters.
AP/Accounts Payable Specialist Skills:
- Research, review and input Accounts Payable invoices, vouchers, refunds, employee reimbursements, and mileage accurately and timely.
- Review and upload procurement card transactions.
- Reviews and researches vendor payment information by using inquiry functions and vendor files.
- Assist with running reports to analyze data.
- Provides guidance and training to ensure that procedures and policies are adhered to.
- Adhere to month and year end accounting deadlines.
- Participates in testing and analyzing results within the financial system.
- Job Skill Assessment(s) may be required for this role.
AP/Accounts Payable Specialist Education & Qualifications:
- Requires a high school diploma or G.E.D
- Training in general business office and accounting procedures.
- Minimum of four years of experience in an Accounts Payable position or Associates Degree in Accounting/Finance with 2 years experience in an Accounting or Finance office.
- Ten key, accurate data entry and ability to research information using a combination of an integrated financial system, database, spreadsheets and paper files.
- Must be able to use and understand Microsoft Office products.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.