Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
As a member of the leadership team, the Assistant Clinical Coordinator assists with planning, organization, evaluation and supervision of the Addiction Treatment Program, which includes direct client care, indirect client care and/or administrative coordination, and support of behavioral health and related activities.
Location: 3002 Grand Ave, IL 60085
Hours: 40 hour a week,
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday (9:00am-5:30pm)
- Thursday (11:00am-7:30pm)
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Skills and Experience
- Focuses on client empowerment in providing treatment, seeking to assist clients to build on strengths in addressing treatment needs.
- Facilitates with clients and collaborates with the treatment team to develop, review and update treatment goals and referrals both internally and externally.
- Provides education and direction to clients, family members and/or significant others.
- Takes responsibility for training in and documenting clinical chart requirements to meet program and state standards.
- Performs initial evaluations and assessments of potential clients regarding their appropriateness for participation in the program.
- Must meet minimum productivity expectations
- Participates in collection of client fees including completing forms for third-part coverage and discussing balances due with clients, as appropriate.
- Provides direction on the scope, types, and evaluation of clinical and administrative programming that is offered utilizing published best practices and empirically proven clinical methodologies in delivery of client care.
- Ensures effective communication among all staff regarding administrative and clinical issues.
- Assists in the implementation of policies and procedures
- Recruits, trains, schedules, supervises and evaluates staff and students, as needed.
- Maintains accountability standards required by LCHD/CHC and funding sources relative to quality and quantity of services provided by staff members.
- Coordinates, and supervises the program and regular review of clinical records.
- Participates in program development and expansion efforts, including seeking new funding sources, writing grant proposals and applications.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Master’s degree.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Requires license by the State of Illinois as a Licensed Social Worker (L.S.W.) or Licensed Professional Counselor (L.P.C.).
- Must obtain Clinical License (L.C.S.W. or L.C.P.C.) within two year of date of employment.
- Certified as an Alcohol/Drug Abuse Counselor (CADC) preferred.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.