Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Responsible for the operation of assigned behavioral health programs, ensuring quality programming and services are delivered at the Health Department (LCHD/CHC). Assists the Director of Behavioral Health with the design, overall operation and direction of behavioral health programming and services. The Associate Director serves as a champion for appropriate, evidence based, and cost-effective behavioral health interventions that meet individual and community needs.
Location: 3010 Grand Avenue, Waukegan IL
Hours: Monday – Friday (8:30am – 5:00pm)
Skills and Experience
- Assumes responsibility for the establishment of clinical policies and treatment philosophy of behavioral health programs.
- Serves as an advisor to the Director of Behavioral Health in the development of program and ancillary community services.
- Provides objectives and priorities on an annual basis as part of the LCHD/CHC budgetary process.
- Assists in the budgeting process, initiates and supervises preparation of reports, statistical data and fiscal information for grant applications.
- Supervises and provides annual formal evaluations of program coordinators as required.
- Ensures that all Health Department personnel policies and procedures are observed.
- Responsible for supervision of behavioral health programs in the absence of the Director of Behavioral Health.
- Represents Director of Behavioral Health at meetings and in the community as assigned.
- Develops and promotes public relations, community education and liaisons with other agencies.
- Maintains services to meet licensure/certification/accreditation standards.
- Responsible for maintaining contracted levels of services with funding sources.
- Responds to inquiries, gives appropriate information and referrals, and documents, if necessary.
- Maintains an awareness of and professional involvement/collaboration with community resources.
- Assists the Director in development, evaluation and attainment of behavioral health goals and objectives, and the development and measurement of outcomes.
- Encourages professional growth and development of staff.
- Consults with the Director and implements matters pertaining to recruitment, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations and related personnel issues.
- Develops, organizes and interprets, where appropriate, statistical material for use in planning and decision-making.
- Participates in establishment of programmatic policies.
- Coordinates programs, activities and planning with other Lake County Health Department programs to provide the most effective and efficient use of staff and facilities.
- Assists the Director of Behavioral Health in establishing staff duties, deploying personnel resources, and assuring staff efficiency.
- Develops and implements methods of accountability related to the quantity and quality of work provided by staff members and supervisory staff.
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of all roles within the behavioral health programs.
- Works collaboratively with the Director of Behavioral Health, Medical Director and Behavioral Health Medical Director to ensure consistent, quality care across the organization.
- Accurately identifies existing and emerging behavioral and physical health issues for prioritization and development of goals, objectives, and work plans for new activities and programs.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- A Master’s Degree or Doctorate in Psychology or Social Work or related field.
- Licensed as a LCSW or LCPC or Clinical Psychologist or Psychiatric APN or Psychiatrist.
- Requires minimum five years relevant experience, including four years of supervisory experience.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.