Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
The Cash Application Specialist will be responsible for:
- The timely and accurate processing, balancing, analyzing and adjusting all Medical, Dental, Behavioral Health, Chemical Dependency and miscellaneous payments and denials by use of electronic remittance or manual input using an Explanation of Benefit form or Electronic Remittance Advice.
The Cash Application Specialist will need the skills to work within a team and possess the following experiences:
- Posting payments, denials, recoupments from all types of Medical/Dental/Behavioral Health/Chemical Dependency Insurance Payers including Medicare, Medicaid and Commercial insurances.
- Posting insurance payments manually and from electronic remittance advice files.
- Working in multiple financial programs and clearing houses.
- Posting cash, check and credit card payments from uninsured clients.
- Ability to utilize fee schedules and accurately post payments from Explanation of Benefits.
- Process and balance reports between the Practice Management System and the Accounting System.
- Knowledge of Coordination of Benefits.
- Adhere to month end accounting deadlines for payment and denial posting.
- Resolve payment inquiries from both internal and external customers.
- Create patient management reports using the Practice Management System.
- Organize and maintain payment documentation for auditors.
The Cash Application Specialist will work at the following site:
- 3010 Grand Ave, Waukegan, IL 60085
- 37.5 hours a week, Monday-Friday (9:00am-5:00pm)
- FLSA STATUS: Hourly
Education, Qualifications, and Certification for the Cash Application Specialist:
- Completion of a high school diploma or G.E.D. certificate.
- Experience utilizing ten-key data entry and spreadsheets is required.
- Three years minimum experience in a medical billing or finance office setting specifically working with cash application systems and processes is required.
- Job Assessment(s) may be required for this role.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.
Cash Application Specialist Skill Sets: Cash, payment, denial, posting, excel, pivot table, check, credit card, clearing house, benefits, customer service, audit, medical, dental, insurance, A/R, account receivable, Medicare, Medicaid, lake county, lake county health department, health department, fee, electronic, uninsured, financial, aid, commercial insurance, EOB, explanation of benefits, accounting, reports, administrative, money, cashier, Waukegan, North Chicago, Zion.