Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Under general supervision, assists physician and staff members in providing optimal ambulatory health care to patients, stocks and maintains exam and team rooms; assists with clinical and clerical duties. Work involves direct patient contact and is performed in accordance with prescribed methods, techniques, and procedures.
Location: 2400 Belvidere Rd, Waukegan, IL
Hours: (Monday and Tuesday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm) (Wednesday 12:30 pm – 8:30 pm) (Thursday and Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm) (1st Saturday of the month 8:30 am – 4:30)
Skills and Experience
- Checks patients’ medical records for pertinent data
- Greets and escorts patients to exam rooms; prepares for the provider by obtaining initial information and vital signs (temperature, pulse, blood pressure and respiration, height, weights, BMI and head circumference as specified by program).
- Documents chief complaints of patients and notifies the nurse/provider of unusual symptoms or complaints.
- Assists in telephone follow-up with the patient as directed by the program.
- Under the direction of the provider and/or nurse, assists with basic patient health education.
- Inspects exam rooms for cleanliness and equipment condition.
- Maintains ordered supplies and keeps area stocked. Checks for medical supplies that are outdated.
- Performs tasks including filing, chart documentation and telephone follow-up as assigned.
- Performs peak flow; spirometry; EKG; application of Non-Stress Test (NST) belts; point of care testing and phlebotomy services as directed.
- Administers immunizations for patients ordered by the provider.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Requires High School Diploma or GED.
- Medical assistant certification or registration required
- Successful complete LCHDCHC competencies within 6 months of hire.
- Ability to work on weekends, holidays and overtime if necessary
- Ability to maintain and keep records.
- Spanish Speaking Preferred.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program.
Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.