Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
This position is responsible for the oversight of patient focused care services, to include assisting in patient care and providing support and guidance to medical assistants and nurses. This position will maintain a clean and safe working environment, and ensure all clinical tasks are completed efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance Plans
- Life Insurance
- Vacation Pay
- Sick Pay
- And MUCH MORE!
Location: 2400 Belvidere Rd, Waukegan, IL
Hours: 37.5 hours a week; Monday-Friday (8:30am-5:00pm)
Occasional evenings and weekend hours
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
Skills and Experience:
- Oversees clinical nursing care, ensuring compliance with established regulations and standards including quality assurance, confidentiality, and medical record documentation.
- Serves as key problem-solving resource for staff on patient issues.
- Ensure accurate patient assessment and appropriate treatment.
- Collaborates with the Practice Manager and Regional Medical Director on development and implementation of nursing department’s mission, goals, policies, procedures, budget quality assurance plan, and work standards.
- Participates in training, mentoring, and evaluating both medical assistants and nurses.
- Coordinate with Practice Manager to ensure that clinic is staffed appropriately.
- Provides patient care, including administering medications, according to Provider’s orders within their scope of practice, established standards and administrative policies of the department, as necessary.
- Participates in audit readiness and ensures staff is prepared for audits.
- Ensures that clinical supplies including vaccinations are organized and up to date.
- Maintains required training, licensure, and/or certification.
- Maintains confidentiality of privileged information and adheres to patient privacy laws.
- Job Skill Assessment(s) may be required for this role.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Current Illinois RN license
- Associates or Bachelor’s in Nursing.
- Minimum five years of professional nursing experience.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent leadership, communication, and organizational skills.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.