Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Position:
Under direct supervision performs work of moderate difficultly in a variety of duties relating to patient representation. Work may involve direct patient contact and is performed in accordance with prescribed methods, techniques and procedures. Performs associated clerical support to include telephone contact, inventory control and record keeping.
Location: 2400 Belvidere Road, Waukegan, IL 60085
Skills and Experience:
- Greets clients both upon entrance and departure from clinic.
- Directs clients with appointments to the correct clinical intake area.
- Provides new clients without appointments with an explanation of the general intake process.
- Is able to explain income verification process to new clients
- Assists clients with making appointments and enters data into computer system.
- Directs clients in process for making payments.
- Handles client inquiries, and assists in making appropriate referrals or appointments to specific Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center (LCHD/CHC) programs or other agencies.
- Assists with the filing and pulling of patient records for clinics.
- Assists in maintaining the general neatness and orderliness of the waiting room.
- Participates in Quality Improvement activities on an on-going basis, with particular emphasis placed on customer satisfaction survey completion.
- Performs job duties in a manner to maximize clinic efficiency and productivity.
- Participates in staff meeting, in-service training and seminars, as appropriate.
- Provide direct clerical care to ensure patients receive timely and appropriate service.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Requires High School Diploma or GED.
- Assist in bilingual translation preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish) required.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
To learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.