Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
The Call Center Clerk assists patients with scheduling appointments for healthcare services in the FQHCs. The Clerk answers incoming telephone calls and makes outreach calls to defined patients. Work is performed in accordance with prescribed policies and procedures. Responsibilities are performed at a proficient level thus lending support to the care teams.
Location: 2303 Dodge Ave, Waukegan, IL
Hours: 37.5 hours a week; Monday-Friday (9:00am-5:30pm)
- Alternating Saturdays with adjusted hours
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
Skills and Experience
- Answers a high volume of incoming phone calls.
- Provides patient services to include registration and insurance verification, scheduling/canceling appointments, and facilitates communication between the patient and FQHC provider team/clinic.
- Uses reference documents and online tools to become familiar with Lake County Health Department (LCHD) services and acts as a subject matter expert for patients.
- Identifies urgent patient needs and routes/escalates appropriately.
- Navigates electronic health record and updates patient information as needed
- Adheres to strict HIPAA guidelines.
- Provides language translation services, verbal or written, as needed.
- Job Skill Assessment(s) may be required for this role.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Requires High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of one-year office experience preferred.
- Exhibits essential Customer Service focused commitment demonstrating active listening, focus on issue resolution, sharp attention to detail and analytical and problem solving abilities to meet and exceed the needs of our patients.
- Excellent phone etiquette skills.
- Bilingual is preferred.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.