Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Responsible for providing a wide range of services, including medical records, general correspondence reports and forms. Responsible for handling or directing calls from public or staff in the best interest of the caller.
Location: 3010 Grand Ave, Waukegan, IL
Hours: 37.5 hours a week; Monday-Friday
- Monday & Wednesday (9:00am-5:00pm)
- Tuesday (8:00am-3:00pm)
- Thursday (8:30am-4:30pm)
- Friday (8:00am-5:00pm)
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
Skills and Experience
- Enters programmatic data into computer.
- Types client records, correspondence and memoranda.
- Serves as receptionist when required.
- Files documents, correspondence, and client related records properly.
- Maintains and keeps records.
- Interprets, as required, if bilingual.
- Promotes efficient office operations.
- Provides secretarial support to the program in general.
- Enters data into various computer programs.
- Compiles reports, data, and other documents as assigned.
- May order supplies.
- Provides assistance to the clinical staff regarding general client needs.
- Obtains signatures, copies and information to verify third party coverage and process client billing.
- Job Skill Assessment(s) may be required for this role.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Requires a high school diploma or G.E.D. certificate.
- Requires 1 year of general office experience.
- Spanish-speaking a plus.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.