Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Primary responsibilities are Spanish interpretations for Spanish speaking behavioral health patients. Responsible for a variety of clerical duties utilizing a high degree of independent judgment, problem solving and initiative.
Location: 3010 Grand Ave, Waukegan, IL
Hours: 18 HOURS A WEEK – THIS IS AN ENTRY LEVEL POSITION.
- Monday (9:30am-3:30pm)
- Tuesday (8:30am-4:00pm)
- Wednesday (8:30am-4:00pm)
- Hours can be varied and flexible depending on what the applicant is available to work.
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
Skills and Experience
- Communicates orally and in writing in both Spanish and English languages, providing interpretive and information services for Spanish speaking patients/clients.
- Assists established and new Spanish speaking patients with communicating with Children and Adolescent Behavioral Health Providers.
- Schedules appointments for clients and provides reminder calls for Provider appointments.
- Handle telephone inquiries, making appropriate referrals to specific Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center programs or other agencies as appropriate.
- Translates for Spanish-speaking clients (in clinic, home or community settings).
- Types correspondence, memoranda, forms and statistical reports.
- Documents any missed appointments in the medical record and telephones or sends letters to assist patients to reschedule appointments.
- Translates written educational materials and other documents from English to Spanish.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Requires a high school diploma or G.E.D. certificate.
- Spanish Speaking preferred.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.