Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Under direct supervision performs work of moderate difficulty in a variety of duties relating to patient representation. Work may involve direct patient contact and is performed in accordance with prescribed methods, techniques and procedures. Performs associated clerical support to include telephone contact, inventory control and record keeping.
Location: 1911 27th Street, Zion IL
Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, & Friday (8:30am – 4:30pm) Wednesday (11:30am – 7:30pm) Saturday (8:00am – 12:00pm) *Required to work second Saturday per month*
Skills and Experience
Schedules appointments for clients and provides reminder calls for Provider appointments.
- Handle telephone inquiries, making appropriate referrals to specific Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center (LCHD/CHC) programs or other agencies as appropriate.
- Translates for Spanish-speaking clients (in clinic, home or jail).
- Types correspondence, memoranda, forms and statistical reports.
- Documents any missed appointments in the medical record and telephones or sends letters to assist patients to reschedule appointments.
- Translates written educational materials and other documents from English to Spanish.
- Maintains office and educational materials inventory.
- Assists in making appointments of clients when referred out of the LCHD/CHC.
- Assists provider and clinic staff with translation when requested.
- Serves as a receptionist when directed.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Requires a High School Diploma or GED
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.