Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Under the supervision of the Clinical Compliance Manager is responsible for assisting in maintaining clinical compliance within the Clinical Operations Department. Assists with observation and assessment of clinical workflows. Assists with clinical training and orientation of new staff to address clinical requirements of role. Participates in audit activity to ensure compliance to Joint Commission standards.
Location: 3010 Grand Avenue, Waukegan IL
Hours: Monday – Friday (8:30am – 5:30pm)
Skills and Experience
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of the following:
- Patient Centered Medical Home
- Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center (LCHD/CHC) Standard Operating Procedures/Policies
- Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) Standards
- Bureau of Primary Health Care Clinical Outcome Measures
- Other federal/state requirements as needed
- Conducts and documents reviews according to specific protocols, guidelines, and criteria.
- Reviews available statistical data related to clinical processes and performance.
- Assists with identifying best practices and training tools to help meet clinical training needs.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform mathematical concepts required in statistical analysis.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills in collaboration with others as appropriate.
- Develops and maintains a basic knowledge of services available at the Lake County Health Department and Community Health Centers (LCHD/CHC).
- Develops and maintains a basic awareness of the Chronic Care Model Processes in order to reduce Health Disparities within our communities.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in nursing
Requires one of the following:
- Illinois licensure as a registered nurse
- Verification of application upon hire and completion of Illinois licensure by reciprocity within six months of the initial date of employment.
- Verification of application for State Board licensing as a Registered Nurse with successful completion within six months of the initial date of employment.
- One year of direct patient care experience is desired.
- Ability to work on weekends, holidays and overtime if necessary
- Ability to maintain and keep records
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
f you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.