Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Under general supervision, performs and offers direct individual and community services, client advocacy, and provides both general and specific health/developmental intervention connections in the community, clinic and home settings. Work assignments are in-depth and specialized with specific areas of responsibility and independence of action.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vacation Pay
- Sick Pay
- And MUCH MORE!
Location: 3010 Grand Ave, Waukegan, IL
Hours: 37.5 hours a week; Monday-Friday (8:00am-4:00pm)
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
Skills and Experience
- Provide an intake for new referrals including an effective description of the Illinois Early Intervention System to families including, but not limited to, family rights, procedural safeguards, availability of all Early Intervention services and all aspects of the Early Intervention system within program timelines.
- Facilitate assembly of appropriate multidisciplinary teams, providing for a family choice of providers, for the purposes of eligibility determination, Individual Family Service Plan (IFSP) development, IFSP reviews and Exit meetings utilizing the guidelines of the Early Intervention System.
- Request and obtain pertinent medical records, evaluation/assessment reports and other information relevant to the Early Intervention System for all clients including acquisition of appropriate prescriptions, releases of information and family signatures on program forms.
- Provide direct services to clients in community, clinic and home settings according to need and established program protocols/procedures.
- Implement activities for clients.
- Assess learning needs of specific clients and adjust direct services to meet those needs.
- Engage client in program services according to established protocols and procedures.
- Assist in marketing services and recruiting clients into services.
- Develop and maintain positive contacts with allied community service providers.
- Provide follow-up and referral to appropriate allied community services.
- Maintain appropriate documentation of direct services in accordance with established program procedures.
- Job Skill Assessment(s) may be required for this role.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
Bachelors degree, preferably in a related field (health education, social work, psychology, sociology, early child development, communications, etc.)
Case management experience preferred.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.