Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Responsible for evaluating, assessing and admitting clients. Prepares treatment plans with clients. Provides individual, group, and family counseling.
Location: 2410 Belvedere Rd, Waukegan, IL
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
Skills and Experience
- Provides education and direction to clients, family members and/or significant others.
- Provides direct services to clients including individual and group treatment.
- Takes responsibility for training in and documenting clinical chart requirements to meet program and state standards.
- Provides atmosphere of customer service in assuring that clients are treated in a friendly and respectful manner.
- Responds to inquiries, gives appropriate information and referrals, and documents, if necessary.
- Undertakes joint ownership of processes.
- Conducts crisis intervention/evaluation/referral to persons in the community or who present themselves at the program. Secures hospitalization, if necessary.
- Performs initial evaluations and assessments of potential clients regarding their appropriateness for participation in the program.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- High school diploma or GED and 3 years of experience, or
- Associate’s degree in a related field
If in a SUPR funded program, within 24 months of employment:
- Must obtain certification as an Alcohol/Drug Abuse Counselor (CADC) by the Illinois Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Professional Certification Board (I.A.O.D.A.P.C.A.) or have equivalent certification by a similar state or national board
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.