Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
As a Flex Counselor you will be responsible for Responsible for evaluating, assessing and admitting clients. You will also prepare treatment plans and assessments for our clients; as well as provide individual, group, and family counseling on an as need basis. This position does not have permanent set hours and is as needed.
- Provides education and direction to clients, family members and/or significant others.
- Provides direct services to clients including individual and group treatment.
- Takes responsibility for training in and documenting clinical chart requirements to meet program and state standards.
- Responds to inquiries, gives appropriate information and referrals, and documents, if necessary..
- Conducts crisis intervention/evaluation/referral to persons in the community or who present themselves at the program. Secures hospitalization, if necessary.
- Performs initial evaluations and assessments of potential clients regarding their appropriateness for participation in the program.
- Participates in collection of client fees including completing forms for third-part coverage.
- Serves food to clients in residential programs.
- Participates in staff meetings, in-service trainings, and seminars to facilitate professional growth and maintain licensure if required.
- Maintains an awareness of and professional involvement/collaboration with community resources.
- Assists in facilitating transportation of clients.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- High school diploma or GED and 3 years of experience, or
- Associate’s degree in a related field
If in a SUPR funded program, within 24 months of employment:
- Must obtain certification as an Alcohol/Drug Abuse Counselor (CADC) by the Illinois Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Professional Certification Board (I.A.O.D.A.P.C.A.) or have equivalent certification by a similar state or national board
About the Perks:
The Health Department offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
To learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please take a look at this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.