Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Evaluates and assesses clients. Prepares and implements treatment plans with clients. Provides therapeutic and supportive services to clients, including individual, group, and family counseling and case management. In residential programs, responsible for unit coverage and emergency telephone interventions. Counseling duties are generally office based, case management activities are generally community based.
Location: 3002 Grand Avenue, Waukegan IL
Hours: Week 1- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday (8:00am – 4:30pm
Week 2 – Monday – Thursday & Saturday – Sunday (8:00am – 4:30pm)
Skills and Experience
- Conducts crisis intervention/evaluation/referral to persons who present themselves at the program.
- Performs initial evaluations and assessments of potential clients regarding their appropriateness for participation in the program.
- Focuses on client empowerment and evidence bases practices in providing treatment, seeking to assist clients to build on strengths in addressing treatment needs.
- Provides direct services to clients including individual and group treatment.
- Facilitates with clients and collaborates with the treatment team to develop, review and update treatment goals and referrals both internally and externally.
- Provides education and direction to clients, family members and/or significant others.
- Takes responsibility for training in and documenting clinical chart requirements to meet program and state standards.
- Provides consultation to assist in the identification of persons in need of treatment and makes referrals as appropriate.
- Provides atmosphere of customer service in assuring that clients are treated in a friendly and respectful manner. Displays positive attitudes and behaviors in the accomplishment of job duties.
- Assist in support services such as reviewing clinical charts, admission and discharge checklists, maintaining supplies of forms and documents.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- With an Associate’s degree with an emphasis in behavioral sciences or related field, three years of experience is required, or
- With a Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work or related field, one year of experience is required.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
To learn more about the department you will be working for, please visit the Crisis Care Program information page. If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.