Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Provide comprehensive support services for adults who suffer from a chronic serious mental illness. Provide linkage to community-based resources, support clients in their recovery effort and provide them with skills/support to remain in an independent living situation. Complete LCHD and/or state-based assessments.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance Plans
- Life Insurance
- Vacation Pay
- Sick Pay
- And MUCH MORE!
Location: 3010 Grand Ave, Waukegan, IL
Hours: 37.5 hours a week; Monday-Friday (8:30am-4:30pm)
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
Skills and Experience:
- Provides direct services to clients including case management and outreach.
- Develops client’s abilities to problem-solve interpersonal conflicts.
- Facilitates with clients and collaborates with the treatment team to develop, review and update treatment goals.
- Provide referrals both internally and externally.
- Takes responsibility for training in and documenting clinical chart requirements to meet program and state standards.
- Provides atmosphere of customer service in assuring that clients are treated in a friendly and respectful manner.
- Displays positive attitudes and behaviors in the accomplishment of job duties.
- Focuses on client empowerment and evidence-based practices in providing treatment, seeking to assist clients to build on strengths in addressing treatment needs.
- Provides education and direction to clients, family members and/or significant others.
- Organizes and participates in treatment-related clinical conferences and staffing’s on assigned clients. Reports client progress, behavior problems or need for medication evaluation to program supervisors/physicians/psychiatrists regularly.
- Must meet minimum productivity expectations.
- May assist in the orientation and training of new staff.
- Job Skill Assessment(s) may be required for this role.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or
- Bachelor’s in any field and two (2) years’ experience, or
- High School diploma or GED and five (5) years’ experience
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.