Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Responsible for providing all services necessary to facilitate the transition of Class Members under the Williams Consent Decree from Specialized Mental Health Rehabilitation Facilities (SMHRFs) back into the community for independent living. Provides treatment, care, support to Class Members while simultaneously working closely with the identified PRIME agency and SMHRF staff. Plans and implements a treatment plan along with a comprehensive service plan with Class Members on assigned caseload. Prepares Class Members for future independent living with the review of independent living skills, assessing for any further needs or services once in the community. Conducts case management, outreach, education, monitoring, referral, linkage, follow-ups and documentation.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance Plans
- Life Insurance
- Vacation Pay
- Sick Pay
- And MUCH MORE!
Location: 3002 Grand Ave, Waukegan, IL
Hours: 37.5 hours a week; Monday-Friday (8:00am-4:00pm)
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
Skills and Experience
- Facilitate full activities that are essential to timely and efficiently facilitate Williams Class Members move from the Specialized Mental Health Rehabilitation Facilities (SMHRF) to the community.
- Provides direct services to clients including individual treatment.
- Performs initial evaluations and assessments of potential clients regarding their appropriateness for participation in the program.
- Conducts crisis intervention/evaluation/referral to persons who present themselves at the program.
- Organizes and participates in treatment-related clinical conferences and staffing’s on assigned clients.
- Provides education and direction to clients, family members and/or significant others.
- Maintains regular contact with an active caseload.
- Facilitates with clients and collaborates with the treatment team to develop, review and update treatment goals and referrals both internally and externally.
- Conduct preliminary visits across vast geographic areas to scout appropriate rental units and interface with landlords and property management entities.
- Assists clients in obtaining public entitlements, housing, community resources, changing payeeship etc.
- Accompany clients as they make decisions to purchase household needs and the ability to assist in moving furniture and setting up household
- Assists in facilitating transportation of clients.
- Job Skill Assessment(s) may be required for this role.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Associate’s degree and five (5) years’ experience in behavioral sciences, or
- Bachelor’s degree and three (3) years’ experience in behavioral sciences, or
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and one (1) year of experience in behavioral sciences, or
- Master’s degree in behavioral sciences and no experience
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.