Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Responsible for evaluating and admitting clients. Prepares and implements treatment plans with clients. Provides individual, group, and family counseling and education. Provides chemical dependency education to general public, service providers and individuals.
Location: 24647 N. Milwaukee Ave. Vernon Hills, IL
Hours: 40 hours a week, Tuesday-Saturday (3:00pm-11:30pm)
- There will be a $2.50 shift differential for working 2nd shift and Saturday.
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
Skills and Experience
- Conducts crisis intervention/evaluation/referral to persons who present themselves at the program.
- Performs initial evaluations and assessments of potential clients regarding their appropriateness for participation in the program.
- Focuses on client empowerment and evidence bases practices in providing treatment, seeking to assist clients to build on strengths in addressing treatment needs.
- Provides direct services to clients including individual and group treatment.
- Facilitates with clients and collaborates with the treatment team to develop, review and update treatment goals and referrals both internally and externally.
- Provides education and direction to clients, family members and/or significant others.
- Takes responsibility for training in and documenting clinical chart requirements to meet program and state standards.
- Provides consultation to assist in the identification of persons in need of treatment and makes referrals as appropriate.
- Provides atmosphere of customer service in assuring that clients are treated in a friendly and respectful manner. Displays positive attitudes and behaviors in the accomplishment of job duties.
- Acquires and utilizes knowledge of LCHD/CHC database and word processing software and other equipment commensurate with position.
- Participates in staff meetings, in-service trainings, and seminars to facilitate professional growth and maintain licensure if required.
- Must meet minimum productivity expectations.
- Involved in quality improvement activities on an ongoing basis (such as implementing processes as a result of performance measurement reviews, participation in councils and teams, making suggestions to improve a process).
- Organizes and participates in treatment-related clinical conferences and staffing’s on assigned clients.
- Provides program coverage including weekends as assigned.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- High school diploma or GED and 3 years of experience, or
- Associate’s degree in a related field
If in a SUPR funded program, within 24 months of employment:
- Must obtain certification as an Alcohol/Drug Abuse Counselor (CADC) by the Illinois Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Professional Certification Board (I.A.O.D.A.P.C.A.) or have equivalent certification by a similar state or national board
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.