Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Under direct supervision, assists in preparing and offers direct individual interviews for case investigations for COIVD-19. Work assignments are in-depth and may be of a broad scope requiring a substantial degree of responsibility and independence of action and help determine where an individual may have been exposed to a communicable disease and identify their close contacts.
Location: 3010 Grand Ave, Waukegan, IL or remotely
Hours: Fulltime 37.5 hours a week
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
Skills and Experience
- Assess learning needs of specific clients and adjust direct services to meet those needs
- Participates in field and office investigations of infectious diseases; interviews the cases and contacts
- Conduct case investigations and interview individuals who have tested positive for a communicable disease in the community
- Educate individuals and their household contacts on CD prevention issues such as disease spread, prevention and mitigation, including isolation and quarantine guidelines
- Collect information on all household/close contacts to monitor for illness
- Staff/Review assigned cases daily including contact tracing and notification outcomes and employer notification outcomes
- Complete 75% of cases assigned within 24 hours
- Triage telephone calls based on urgency and importance
- Communicate daily directly with Case Investigator Lead for case distribution and follow up including forwarding cases needing reassignment to appropriate persons in CD administration
- Conduct notification to employers regarding employees who test positive for COVID-19
- Job Assessment(s) skills may be required.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- High School Diploma or higher
- Will provide on the job training
- Preferred experience in public health, community health or disease intervention
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Fluent in Spanish is a plus
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of software used for analytical studies and reporting, presentations, word processing, spreadsheets, and databases. Some examples may be Excel, Microsoft Word, Access, Teams and Power Point.
- Ability to communicate effectively with educational and culturally diverse populations in a courteous and professional manner
- Ability to plan and organize work effectively and efficiently
- Clinical Knowledge is a plus
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.