Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Performs work of considerable difficulty managing the daily operations and staff assigned to all Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center (LCHD) Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) COVID-19 vaccination clinic sites. Work is distinguished by the ability to coordinate activities at and among the vaccination clinic sites. Performs related work as required. Direction is received from the Director of Healthcare Operations and supervisory direction is provided to vaccination clinic staff.
Location: 3010 Grand Ave, Waukegan, IL
Hours: 40 hours a week; Monday-Friday
- Evening and weekends as needed
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Skills and Experience
- Provides management direction of daily operations of each FQHC vaccination clinic site.
- Monitors staff and client scheduling and adjusts accordingly to ensure the highest level of vaccine provision.
- Manages the patient centered approach to service delivery.
- Prepares, monitors and/or analyzes a variety of reports to ensure clinic vaccination operations are meeting projected goals
- Prepares and submits required reports to internal and external parties related to vaccinations and other healthcare services as requested (example: daily and weekly HRSA reporting on direct ship vaccine)
- Implements operating guidelines, procedures and protocols to support an integrated approach to care by following the Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) care model, prioritizing work activities, evaluating effectiveness and modifying activities as necessary.
- Monitors and maintains operational vaccine supply inventory and coordinates ordering/purchasing activities per established policies and procedures.
- Resolves patient complaints either in person or over the phone as necessary.
- Ensures ongoing training of staff; provides appropriate leadership and direction and promotes positive morale, creativity and teamwork among staff.
- Evaluates employee performance and sets clear goals and expectations.
- Recommends and implements new and innovative approaches to integrated service delivery for vaccination clinic services.
- Fosters and encourages individual program staff to understand and identify with the full team at the vaccination clinic.
- Connects with community leaders and organizations to advance the mission of the agency in providing healthcare services and vaccinations to individuals in the community.
- Develops and implements recommendations for cross training for staff so that there is greater understanding of services available for our patients and opportunities to enhance service to existing patients.
- Job Skill Assessment(s) may be required for this role.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration, Public Administration, Social Work, Psychology, Nursing or a related field or an Associates degree with equivalent FQHC experience.
- Two (2) years of management experience in healthcare or a combination of healthcare and other operational management experience
- Registered Nurse (RN) preferred
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.