Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Performs work in the non-professional area, assisting a dental hygienist and/or dentist in the provision of services to a patient.
Location: 1840 Green Bay Road, Highland Park, IL
Hours: (Monday 11:30 am – 7:30 pm) (Tuesday – Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm)
Skills and Experience
- Responsible for maintaining dental operatory in a hygienic manner, including items of equipment utilized in the provision of direct patient care.
- Cleans and sterilizes dental instruments and returns to proper storage after use.
- Assist in exposure, processing and mounting of dental radiographs and keeping of radiographs as part of a patient’s dental record.
- Informs supervisor of material shortages and necessity to reorder.
- Prepares materials or medications for use by dentist or dental hygienist and delivers them as may be required in the treatment of patients.
- Participates in expanded duties allowed by DRE of Illinois for preventative procedures as trained.
- Maintains dental equipment and logs entries per designated time frames.
- Allows flexibility in scheduling of staff for program efficiency in the dental clinics.
- Keeps accurate record of patient visits.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Requires completion of training as a Certified Dental Assistant by the American Dental Association or two years experience as a Dental Assistant.
- Requires a High School diploma or GED certificate.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program.
Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.