Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Performs work in the non-professional area, assisting a dental hygienist and/or dentist in the provision of services to a patient.
Location: 224 W. Clarendon Dr., Round Lake, IL
Hours: 37.5 hour a week; Monday-Friday
- Monday (12:00-8:00pm)
- Tuesday-Friday (8:00am-4:00pm)
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
Skills and Experience
- Ability to take and enter patients’ vital and enter information regarding medical history and social history in the electronic health record.
- Demonstrates appropriate and efficient use of Outlook and the electronic health record (specific to dental)
- Maintains pleasant and cheerful tone of voice when answering the telephone and in face-to-face communication with staff and patients. Introduces self. Transfers phone calls appropriately.
- Demonstrates skills in utilizing dental equipment associated with position (e.g. HVE positioning)
- Demonstrates skills in performing diagnostic testing associated with position (e.g. bitewing and periapical x-ray)
- Demonstrates ability to appropriately clean and sterilize equipment
- Assist with managing providers referrals and PAQ’s or the doctors as well as chart review at the patient intake session.
- Evaluates and maintains dental equipment and supplies including the plan to promote safe and effective use of equipment.
- Demonstrates safe work practices such as timely reporting of incidents or safety hazards, use of personal protective equipment and handwashing.
- Maintains required qualifications to perform position duties including dental prophylaxis and dental sealants.
- Job Skill Assessment(s) may be required for this role.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Requires completion of training as a Certified Dental Assistant by the American Dental Association or two years experience as a Dental Assistant.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
- Travel to other clinical sites required, if necessary.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.