Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Provide quality dental care and associated services to patients under the general supervision of a dentist and using established dental hygiene procedures. Assist other staff in a variety of patient care, office and laboratory duties. Perform broad responsibilities for clinic and community dental health education activities.
Location: 224 W. Clarendon Dr. Round Lake Beach, IL
Hours: 40 hours a week, (Monday-Friday)
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
Skills and Experience
- Improve the oral health of patients through the delivery of periodontal therapies and other dental hygiene-related services
- Enhance the efficiency of the clinic by performing expanded duties as allowable by law and as directed by the dentist.
- Ensure all patients enjoy a positive experience and are treated with the care and compassion expected.
- Ensure all patient records and related documentation are managed and maintained timely, accurately, and consistent with all HIPAA and related regulations and requirements.
- Ensure all tasks provide and associated with patient care, patient administrative processes, and related duties complying with all regulatory and accreditation standards, as well as clinic policies and procedures.
- Ensure direct patient care is delivered using established dental hygiene procedures.
- Develop favorable relationships with all patients. Interact positively with patients to provide information and education about oral hygiene, handle and resolve patient concerns with enthusiasm and empathy.
- Establish favorable working relationships with all staff members and associated with clinic operations, including Patient Customer Reps (PCR), dental assistants, dentists and related staff. This shall also include the Practice Manager, Nurse Manager, and the Dental Office Manager.
- Uphold and consistently represent the values and mission of the organization at all times. Represent the organization in a highly professional manner at all times.
- Ensure compliance and attention to all corporate policies and procedures.
- Complete continuing education as necessary to retain state license.
- Provide direct patient care and dental services as trained, licensed, and assigned. Assess dental condition and needs of patient using approved patient screening procedures, including medical history review, dental charting, and periodontal charting.
- Evaluate overall oral health, examining oral cavity for signs of periodontal disease or possible cancers, including recessed and bleeding gums, and oral lesions.
- Expose intraoral and extra oral dental radiographs.
- Document dental history or chief complaint; record and report pertinent observations and patient reactions to dentists, as appropriate
- Document lab procedures and ensure follow up on results.
- Follow through with oral hygiene procedures in accordance with treatment plans prescribed by the attending dentist. Procedures may include: Prophylaxis, periodontal scaling, root planning, debridement, supra and subgingival scaling and curettage, application of fluoride treatments, and application of protective sealants.
- Assist with or initiate emergency measures for sudden adverse developments during treatment of patients.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Successful completion of an accredited dental hygienist program
- Current Registered Dental Hygienist with state licensure.
- Current CPR.
- Certification to administer local anesthesia is preferred.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.