Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Is responsible for providing the patients of Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center clinic with general dental services. Oversees the quality and productivity of dental office support personnel.
Location: 2215 14st, North Chicago, IL
Hours: Thursday’s 11:30 am – 7:30 pm and Tuesday’s 8:30am – 4:30 pm
Skills and Experience
- Conducts clinical dentistry in the dental office with support personnel.
- Provides the patients of Lake County with general dental services, emphasizing service for the low income and poor patients.
- Advises the Dental Program Coordinator concerning dental office policy and procedures.
- Oversees the quality and productivity of dental office support personnel.
- Directs the operational policies of the dental office.
- Develops and maintains a basic knowledge of services available at the Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center (LCHD/CHC).
- Develops and maintains a basic awareness of the Chronic Care Model Processes in order to reduce health disparities within our communities.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Requires a D.D.S. or D.M.D. Degree from a dental school accepted by the American Dental Association.
- Requires possession of a current, valid license to practice dentistry in the state of Illinois
- Requires at least one year of clinical experience.
- Ability to work on weekends, holidays and overtime if necessary
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program.
Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.