Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Under general supervision performs work of considerable difficulty in assisting with the administration of the Health Department’s central billing office management program. The position has the responsibility for reviewing, researching, analyzing and processing all paper and electronic EDI billing files to Medicaid/Managed Care Organizations, Medicare, private insurance and all other revenue sources through our clearinghouses, Viatrack and InMediata. Ensures accurate records are kept for all billing activity to ensure the agency complies with all appropriate regulations as required. Provides various patient management reports as needed. Assists with other billing projects as needed.
Location: 3010 Grand Ave, Waukegan, IL
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
Skills and Experience
- Processes and analyze electronic claims through NextGen, Viatrack, InMediata or Value Options systems and act upon the findings in a timely manner.
- Process paper claim.
- Analyze and resolve all claim edit errors using Viatrack and NextGen.
- Review and process all private patient statements in NextGen and transfer data accurately to the central printing office at the county for printing and mailing.
- Create patient management reports using the NextGen system.
- Analyze and resolve accounts receivable aging issues.
- Use Microsoft Excel to create spreadsheets to assist in the analysis of patient data.
- Analyze and correct patient sliding fee adjustments in NextGen as needed.
- Trace the transactions through NextGen from charge entry through claim creation as part of problem resolution.
- Differentiate between clearing house rejections and payer rejections by frequently working within the Viatrack clearing house environment.
- Resolve billing inquiries from internal and external customers.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Completion of a high school diploma or G.E.D. certificate.
- Associate’s Degree or certification in medical technology or accounting is preferred.
- (3) Three years experience in a medical billing or accounting office setting is preferred.
- Bilingual is preferred.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam. The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.