Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Responsible for the provision of direct medical care within the scope practice in accordance with established standard of care. May be assigned at one or more of the clinical facilities of the Service Area. Provides medical services for patients on a part-time or full-time basis as described in their contract, at one or more of the clinical facilities of the Service Area. Works with the other care team members to provide quality patient-centered care. This position is as needed (PRN).
Skills and Experience:
- Provides skilled medical examinations of adults and/or children, including complete histories and physicals.
- Provides continuing care of patients and follow-up as needed.
- Prescribes laboratory testing and radiology studies.
- Prescribes and/or administers medications as needed.
- Hospitalizes patients as needed.
- Provides clinical consultation to other staff members and supervision of staff and students as assigned.
- Refers patients to other Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center services, other agencies or to specialists, as the cases require.
- Develops and maintains a basic knowledge of services available at the Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center (LCHD/CHC).
- Participates in the Chronic Care Model Processes in order to reduce health disparities within our communities.
- Provide education and direction to clients, family members and or significant others.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Requires graduation from an accredited school of medicine, the completion of one year of residency (internship) in an approved program, and medical license in the State of Illinois. A completed residency in an approved program in a relevant specialty, with Board eligibility is preferred.
- Post residency experience in Primary Care is preferred.
- Ability to work on weekends, holidays and overtime if necessary.
- Ability to maintain and keep records.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans for eligible employees. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.