Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Under general direction from the Grants Program Manager, the Grants Development Specialist is a key member of the Grants Team. This position is responsible for coordinating the proposal development process in conjunction with the Grants Program Manager. The Grants Development Specialist will collaborate and assist program teams to identify potential funding opportunities, provide assistance and feedback in writing and editing grant narratives, and prepare grant applications and contracts for final review and approval for submission. Responsibilities include supporting the Grants Teams to ensure appropriate recording and reporting mechanisms are tracked, monitored and updated in compliance with internal policies and funding agency requirements. Candidates should possess excellent writing skills to oversee written proposals and reports based on funding opportunity guidelines and requirements. Utilizes computer skills in Microsoft Office Word, Adobe Acrobat XI Pro and Excel. Demonstrated ability to apply database and time management skills. The candidate must be highly organized with the ability to conduct follow-up work effectively under pressure during deadlines, use independent judgment, and produce a quality work product within occasional time constraints.
Hours: 40 hours a week (Monday-Friday) 8:30am-5:00pm
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Skills and Experience
- Assists Grants Program Manager in reviewing funding opportunities in response to federal, state, local, and private agencies request for proposal (RFP) announcements.
- Develop grant narratives based on funding guidelines aligned to program-specific needs.
- Assist with preparing training materials and streamlined processes for proposal development procedures and approvals.
- Assists in all aspects of preparing grant application components for submission, including compiling required attachments, and completing forms with a high level of accuracy.
- Assists in developing a model to update tracking and monitoring progress reports, and resource materials relevant to post-award activities.
- Coordinates with Grants Team to maintain electronic and physical files.
- Respond to inquiries, follow through by providing appropriate information and documents.
- Display positive attitude and behavior in the accomplishment of job duties.
- Participates in staff meetings, in-service trainings, and seminars to facilitate professional growth.
- Undertakes joint ownership of processes.
- Takes a personal stake in the success of the organization.
- Maintains an awareness of and professional involvement/collaboration with community resources.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree and three years of relevant experience or;
- Master’s degree and two years of relevant experience.
- Experience with a diverse healthcare organization or non-profit organization preparing grant submissions to include grant writing is preferred.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.