Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
The data analyst leverages their passion for data and research know-how to aid in the development of informatics products. The analyst will apply their quantitative, qualitative, and statistical analytics expertise to support LCHD/CHC’s mission of promoting the health and well-being of all those who live, work, and play in Lake County. The Analyst will, under the guidance of senior team members, create unique, cutting edge analysis and information products to help solve challenges faced by LCHD/CHC and inform the decisions of tomorrow.
Location: 3010 Grand Avenue, Waukegan IL
Hours: Monday – Friday (8:30am – 4:30pm)
Skills and Experience
- Acquire and manipulate data from the organization’s central Data Lake and conduct in-depth data cleansing to prepare data for analysis.
- Assist senior team members interpret data and analyze both qualitative and quantitative results.
- With direct supervision, ensure the accuracy and integrity of analysis through development of automated or semi-automated data quality checks.
- Assist senior team members in developing a User Interface/User Experience framework for each information product that accurately communicates the results of an analysis.
- Develop information products which are intuitive visualizations utilized to disseminate analysis conducted by the Health Informatics Team
- Continually identify new data-based insights that can support and improve LCHD/CHC’s decision making process and patient care activities.
- Deliver on ad-hoc data requests from end users, while building new dashboards and self-service products that reduce the need for those requests.
- Aid in the identification of additional data sets that can drive strategy, improve decision making, and automate process.
- Other activities as assigned
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
Master’s of Public Health with demonstrable coursework and/or experience in research-related data analysis and biostatistics or Master’s of Science in Informatics, Computer Science, Biostatistics, or equivalent preferred or Bachelor’s degree in operational research, statistics, applied analytics, computer science, or related field with 1 – 2 years Public Health or Healthcare experience.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
To learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.