Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
This position is responsible for planning, organizing, implementing, evaluating, and directing Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center’s Infection Control Program in accordance with current standards and regulations
Location: 3010 Grand Avenue, Waukegan IL
Hours: Monday – Friday (8:30am – 5:30pm)
Skills and Experience
- Directly responsible for policies, procedures and practices in infection control.
- Serves as a resource to all departments and personnel; prepares and presents educational offerings for staff and as applicable.
- Consults with patients, patients’ families, and personnel regarding infection prevention and control issues and practices.
- Directs infection prevention and control activities for medical, dental, women’s health, and behavioral health services.
- In collaboration with the LCHDCHC Physician Epidemiologist, leads the organizational Infection Control Committee.
- Coordinates with the safety coordinator to plan, organize, and lead the organization in quality improvement related to infection prevention and control.
- Applies, teaches, and skillfully uses techniques for quality improvement, outcomes measurement, and statistical analysis.
- Assists with documentation and reporting; internally and externally, of improvement activities as appropriate.
- Identifies infection control clinical risks of the organization and prioritizes the risks
- Provides leadership for implementing change; can analyze and present data findings to operational and clinical leadership as needed.
- Ability to use independent judgement.
- Responsible for notifying the Prevention Epidemiologist and/or State Health Department of any reportable diseases, adhering to all internal county and state procedures.
- Participates in infection prevention and conduct education for all employees during orientation and annually thereafter, including needed classes in infection control prevention, control practices and employee health.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- BSN in nursing preferred
- Current Illinois RN license
- A minimum of two (2) year experience in Infection Control/Quality Assurance methodology in hospital, ambulatory facility or psychiatric service delivery system with specific knowledge and skills in areas of risk management.
- Certificate in Infection control or eligible to take the certification.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
f you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.