Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Under the supervision of Nutrition Services Assistant Coordinator, supervises WIC staff and services at assigned site. Assists staff in the provision of direct nutrition services for WIC/FQHC clients in accordance with program and agency requirements. Work involves direct client contact and is performed in accordance with state and local agency policies and procedures.
Location: 224 Clarendon Road, Round Lake Beach IL
Hours: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday (8:00am – 4:30pm) Tuesday (10:30am – 7:00pm)
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Skills and Experience
- Supervises staff and daily clinic activities of WIC services at assigned site to achieve caseload, client visit, and program goals.
- Provides certification, nutrition counseling using motivational interviewing, medical nutrition therapy (including Gestational Diabetes assessment and counseling), breastfeeding support, and appropriate referral for WIC/FQHC clients according to established criteria.
- Documents clinical information including nutrition care plans in clients’ electronic health record (Cornerstone and NextGen as appropriate) according to agency and state standards.
- Assists in implementation and monitoring of protocols, policies and procedures to ensure services meet program/grant objectives and are in compliance with Federal/State requirements.
- Participates in ongoing program evaluation including monitoring of program/grant performance measures and key performance indicators, and implementation of Continuous Quality Improvement activities to improve program and health outcomes for clients/patients.
- Performs monthly competency assessments and annual performance appraisals for assigned staff and provides timely feedback in meeting established performance goals.
- Assists in integration of Nutrition Services with other LCHD Programs.
- Prepares reports on staff activities, client data, and service delivery as required.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition related field.
- Minimum of two years clinical/community experience (one year if Master’s Degree).
- Requires current Illinois licensure as a Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist or Illinois licensure by reciprocity within six months of initial date of employment.
- Requires current Registered Dietitian/Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RD/RDN) credentialing by the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Ability to work on evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime if necessary.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.