Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Under general supervision, performs work of moderate difficulty as a maintenance worker. An employee in this position is responsible for providing assistance with and independently performing duties directed towards the general maintenance of the Lake County Health Department buildings, grounds and equipment. Work involves the responsibility for the performance of specialized maintenance and repair operations. General assignments are received from a supervisor, but maintenance personnel are expected to plan details of job and carry it to completion, without immediate supervision and in accordance with standard trade practice. Work is performed according to prescribed policies and procedures. Employees report to the Facilities Supervisor.
Location: 3008 Grand Ave, Waukegan, IL
Hours: 37.5 hours a week; Monday-Friday (7:30am-3:30pm)
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
Skills and Experience
- Performs general maintenance tasks such as moving furniture and room set-up, including placement of equipment and furnishings and installations of shelves.
- Performs limited maintenance tasks in such areas as carpentry, painting, plumbing, plastering and electrical.
- Participates in snow/ice removal and grounds maintenance on campuses and outposts.
- Cleans up workspace after completion of project.
- Ensures that all tools and equipment have been returned to the proper location.
- Keeps vehicle in a neat and clean appearance.
- Operates the TMA work order system to enter work requests.
- Completes all paperwork in a timely manner.
- Job Skill Assessment(s) may be required for this role.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Successful completion of a standard high school or GED program.
- One year of maintenance experience.
- Must be knowledgeable in and capable of performing basic maintenance and mechanical systems upkeep.
- Able to operate lawn mowing equipment.
- Able to operate snow removal equipment such as snow blowers and salt spreaders.
- Possession of a valid Driver’s License.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.