Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Under general supervision the carpenter is responsible for installing, repairing and maintaining fixed building systems and other general building applications such as hanging doors/hardware, office renovations, setting cabinets, minor flooring, etc. in residential, commercial and industrial buildings. One must be able to read project blueprints, drawings and specifications. The carpenter is required to work with and assist other trades and laborers to ensure that all plans/specifications are met, and to ensure efficient completion of any construction project or general worker(s). The carpenter is considered a Maintenance worker and needs to be versatile in his or her approach to the work assignments. Maintenance workers report to the Facilities Supervisor.
Location: 3008 Grand Avenue, Waukegan IL
Hours: Monday – Friday (7:30am – 3:30pm)
Skills and Experience
- Journeyman level ability in the minimum of carpentry and proficiency in other trades and maintenance skills.
- Performs maintenance tasks in such areas as carpentry, painting, plumbing, plastering, and electrical.
- Snow removal, landscaping, and general construction and maintenance activities.
- Assists with building renovations.
- Responsible for entering and closing work orders request in the TMA system.
- Completes basic electrical wiring of lights, switches, and outlets and low voltage wiring and installing conduit.
- Performs the proper cleanup of spaces after completing work.
- Ensures that all tools and equipment are returned to their proper location.
- Performs all paper work in a timely manner.
- Performs general maintenance tasks such as landscaping and lawn care, moving furniture and general equipment repairs.
- Maintains county vehicle in neat condition and clean appearance.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Successful completion of a standard high school or Diploma.
- Three years of maintenance experience.
- Must be proficient in the carpentry trade and have a working knowledge of the others.
- Possession of a valid Driver’s License (Required).
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
f you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.