Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Reporting directly to the Director of Behavioral Health this position oversees psychiatric services. Responsibilities of this position include oversight of the psychiatry providers and Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) providers, including provider recruitment, development and retention, scheduling, establishment and achievement of productivity benchmarks, quality improvement, clinical direction and risk management to ensure quality and cost-effective care. In addition, this position will also provide direct patient care. This position is full time (40% clinical and 60% administrative time, though distribution may change based on changing needs).
Location: 3010 Grand Ave, Waukegan, IL
Hours: 40 hours a week, Monday-Friday (8:30am-5:00pm)
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Skills and Experience
- Serves as the medical advisor for the department’s behavioral health services
- Develops vision for the clinical activities to improve the health outcomes, obtain quality incentives and shared savings, and create innovative clinical models of of care.
- Participates in executive management business and clinical strategy development and implementation.
- In conjunction with the Director of Behavioral Health, is responsible for hiring the psychiatric Provider staff (including physicians, advanced practice nurses and physician assistants) and ensuring that each Provider is working to meet the Health Department’s mission.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of staff under their direction.
- Provides clinical and administrative supervision of staff under their direction, including completion of evaluations.
- Monitors adherence to budgetary
- Consults with staff regarding patients not necessarily seen directly by the This includes, but is not limited to, cases in which medical supervision is necessary for insurance purposes.
- Participates and presents at clinical conferences and provides medical expertise to the community as appropriate.
- Oversees the achievement of productivity standards as set by LCHD and Responsible for working with the providers and clinical leadership to ensure that performance expectations are understood and met. Uses or develops analytical tools designed to improve clinical and service performance.
- Establishes the standards of care and maintains the policies, protocols and guidelines of the clinics.
- Researches best practices and evidence-based programs and incorporates into activities of the areas being managed.
- Establishes clinical benchmarks and outcome indicators to measure, monitor, and improve the changes and demographic factors that impact the agency’s strategy.
- Monitors performance management data for areas of responsibility and assures the implementation of CQI principles and projects.
- Collaborates on quality improvement activities for Behavioral Health, including Quality
- Review and Credentialing, patient grievances and all psychiatric activities in order to achieve quality of care and cost containment goals; responsible for setting clinical targets for performance measures in the areas being managed and oversees the activities to achieve the performance measures.
- Ensures Behavioral Health psychiatric/medical coverage for Provides back-up psychiatric services, as necessary, including after hours on-call coverage as needed.
- Serves as Medical Director for the substance use programs.
- May participate in community outreach and engagement as needed.
- Addresses patient complaints regarding psychiatry services and ensures quality customer service by providers.
- Develops and maintains a basic knowledge of services available at the Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center (LCHD/CHC).
- Evaluates clients regarding their need for psychotropic medication and prescribes medication when appropriate.
- Performs psychiatric evaluations for purposes of diagnosis and for treatment planning.
- Facilitates with clients and collaborates with the treatment team to develop, review and update treatment goals and referrals both internally and externally.
- Takes responsibility for training in and documenting clinical chart requirements to meet program and state
- As needed, provide teaching, supervising and/or precepting for students and residents as needed in support of department objectives and in accordance with requirements set forth in agreements with educational institutions.
- Participates in activities to reduce health disparities within our communities.
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of individual Emergency Preparedness roles.
- Demonstrates adherence to National Patient Safety Goals.
- Participates in quality improvement activities to assess, monitor and improve program Participates in mandatory in-services and drills, attends staff meetings and other training, including appropriate age specific educational trainings offered on a regular basis for professional development.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Requires completion of a residency Program.
- Must be at least Board Eligible in Board certification is preferred.
- Requires Illinois license to practice as a as a physician.
- Three years of senior-level/director-level management experience.
- Demonstrated experience as a strategist. Be able to set priorities, establish clear (and high) expectations and execute identified strategies.
- Job Skill Assessment(s) may be required for this role.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.