Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Under the supervision of the Director of Training and Education, the Nurse Educator performs job functions in a professional manner with a high level of expertise. This role will serve as the primary educator for clinical staff across the Agency in operations and use of the electronic health record system. The Nurse Educator is a nurse whose focus is on staff development related to clinical practice. This nurse is an educator, consultant, role model, staff/patient advocate and change agent. In collaboration with leadership, the Nurse Educator designs, develops, implements, and evaluates a variety of educational offerings in order to improve clinical care and clinical/organizational outcomes. This position is responsible for creating and delivering both role-based and program specific training to clinical staff in development of clinical skills and the usage of the EHR system. This individual coordinates the clinical education of all clinical roles, including their orientation, clinical competencies, skills assessment, use of the EHR and frequent continuing education programs. This position will work closely with both the Electronic Health Records and Organizational Development teams in the evaluation and maintenance of clinical applications to coordinate and provide direct support and education to the Lake County Health Department in their use of electronic health record technology.
Location: 3010 Grand Avenue, Waukegan IL
Hours: Monday- Friday (8:30 am – 5:00pm)
Skills and Experience
- Develop role-based and program specific curriculum, education, and training via different mediums for the Electronic Medical Records system (NextGen).
- Plans, prepares and maintains materials for use in educational programs for accuracy and relevance to the target audience.
- Coach, mentor, and provide group and one-on-one in person and remote support for clinical staff in the gaining and maintenance of competency in their use of clinical information and communication systems.
- Provide instructor-led training tailored to the learner’s individual needs, including but not limited to, flexibility with time, location and content; assess and address educational needs related to clinician/provider use of clinical information systems.
- Synthesize data, information, and knowledge to identify training needs for new hire and post enhancement/upgrade deployments; analyze multiple approaches/solutions to the operational needs or problems.
- Assists clinical Leaders with ongoing federal and Joint Commission compliance involving staff education
- Develop methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining clinical information system performance improvement results; consider factors related to safety, effectiveness, costs, and impact to patient care when problem-solving.
- Provide on-going support and remedial training as new features, processes, and system upgrades are deployed
- Provides guidance to manager and preceptors of new employees during orientation.
- Maintains staff competence including, CLIA waived POCT testing
- Assists with other duties and trainings as assigned
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in hospital, ambulatory facility with specific knowledge and skills
- Registered Nurse
- Bachelor’s in nursing required; Masters preferred
- Knowledge of Electronic health records
- Use and training of electronic health records
- NCP (NextGen) experience preferred
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.