Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
This position is responsible for managing the daily operations related to nursing care and CMAs in line with clinical practice standards. This position is a working RN role and will spend 50% of time in administrative duties and 50% in the care coordinator role.
Location: 224 W. Clarendon Dr., Round Lake, IL
Hours: 40 hours a week; Monday-Friday (8:00am-4:30pm)
- Evening and Sat as required
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Skills and Experience
- Oversees clinical nursing care, ensuring compliance with established regulations and standards including quality assurance, confidentiality, and medical record documentation.
- Provides direct supervision to nurses and subordinate staff, ensuring appropriate assessment and treatment of patient health.
- Serves as key problem-solving resource for staff on patient issues.
- Studies patient needs/trends, analyzes patient flow problems, and suggests solutions to patient care problems.
- Collaborates with the practice manager, and lead MD on development and implementation of nursing department’s mission, goals, policies, procedures, budget quality assurance plan, and work standards.
- Compiles/analyzes data on patient outcomes, quality assurance results, budget/goal achievement, and performance/productivity and prepares reports for the practice manager and the clinical administrative team.
- Participates in medical practice planning related to clinic and emergency/disaster response system.
- Ensures that offices/departments are clinically staffed appropriately.
- Collaborates with human resources department on recruiting, selecting, orienting/training, and evaluating nursing staff.
- Provides patient care, including administering medications, according to Provider’s orders within their scope of practice, established standards and administrative policies of the department, as necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring Nursing staff and CMAs are up to date with licensure and yearly training in collaboration with the clinical compliance team.
- Job Skill Assessment(s) may be required for this role.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Current Illinois RN license
- Minimum five years of professional nursing experience including two years’ clinical supervisory experience, preferably in a medical practice setting.
- For internal candidates – 5 years of nursing experience.
- Clinical supervisory experience requirements may be off set by performance, skills and potential demonstrated during your time as an employee.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.