Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Supervises nursing personnel, maintains adequate patient medical records, oversees the storage and administration of medications, and oversees program compliance with local, state and federal regulations regarding medical care of clients. Responsible for providing direct care for the medical needs of clients.
Location: 3002 Grand Ave, Waukegan, IL
Hours: 40 hours a week; Monday-Friday (8:30am-5:00pm)
- Weekend coverage as needed
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Skills and Experience
- Develops medical protocols in consultation with the Medical Director and/or consulting psychiatrist and Program Coordinator in order to comply with state and federal laws.
- Provides direct service to clients including administering medications, assisting the physician, medical record charting, medical history interviews and consultations with clients regarding medical needs.
- Conducts complete health needs assessment and follow-up counseling with clients. Develops counseling/educational services to meet client needs.
- Responsible for the monitoring and strict control of administration and inventory of medications in compliance with federal regulations
- Meets with the pharmacy representative on a monthly basis to insure compliance.
- Provides and/or facilitates the opportunity for prenatal care and follow up for pregnant clients and their neonates within the program or by referral to appropriate health care providers, as appropriate to program.
- Acts as liaison to other clinics, hospitals and related agencies regarding medical needs of clients.
- Ensures clinical staff is provided with ongoing information regarding the medical needs of clients.
- Collaborates in case supervision of staff regarding the use of medication, with detoxification and/or dual diagnosis.
- Provides direction on the scope, types, and evaluation of clinical and administrative programming/staff that is offered utilizing published best practices and empirically proven clinical methodologies in delivery of client care.
- Ensures effective communication among all staff regarding administrative and clinical issues.
- Ensures that staff is trained on quality improvement concepts, tools and techniques.
- Is responsible for insuring adequate coverage on all shifts and maintains detailed awareness of duties performed by supervisees.
- Recruits, trains, schedules, supervises and evaluates staff and students, as needed.
- Job Skill Assessment(s) may be required for this role.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Master’s degree, one year of experience is required, and
- Bachelor’s degree, two years experience in chemical dependency/behavioral health field is required
- Associate’s degree, five years experience in chemical dependency/behavioral health field is required
- Illinois license as an (RN) Registered Nurse.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.