Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Responsible for the overall management of dental assistants and clerical support staff at the assigned site including dental, primary care and mental health. An employee in this position will manage, train, organize, direct, motivate and guide all clerical and dental assistant to execute their tasks, resolves problems, complaints and supports team. Monitors individual and team performance per current key performance indicators and documents progress. Creates and maintains schedules to maximize and control staffing levels and conduct monthly staff meetings. Committee involvement is required of this position.
Location: 224 Clarendon Ave, Round Lake Beach, IL
Hours: 37.5 hours a week; Monday-Friday (8:00am-4:00pm)
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
Skills and Experience
- Recruits, directs and evaluates all clerical and dental assistant staff and completes performance appraisals.
- Assures appropriate clerical staffing, performance and training throughout the site.
- Determines and coordinates employee leave schedules and arrange coverage or replacement as needed.
- Monitors time and attendance daily.
- Implements, adjusts and maintains programmatic processes and procedures to ensure established guidelines for patient registration including; insurance verification, vaccine eligibility, sliding fee and federal and state requirements are followed to maximize revenue.
- Ensures that all site confirmation calls are completed, and staff follows up on no show patients.
- Supports dental assistants and clerical staff to help them achieve customer service and performance excellence.
- Counsels staff as needed to help improve program efficiencies.
- Conducts staff meetings for clerical and dental staff monthly to include agenda minutes and maintain records for all meetings.
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of LCHD computer applications that relate to clerical functions in NextGen as well as management functions in BOSS and trains in these systems as appropriate.
- Responsible for monitoring the site rejection rate and complete PDSA’s to develop a plan to fix and minimize front desk billing rejection.
- Manages site deposits and ensure collection processes and procedure are followed.
- Conducts audits on staff compliance as assigned by the Service Area Business Office.
- Job Skill Assessment(s) may be required for this role.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- An Associates or Bachelors preferred with 3 years supervisory experience, preferably in a healthcare setting.
- High school diploma or equivalent required with 5 years supervisory experience in a healthcare setting.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office required; especially database management and reporting.
- Possesses strong verbal and written skills; presentation experience is a plus.
- Strong critical thinking and interpersonal skills are required with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload to meet organizational deadlines is required.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and/or days including occasional weekends.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.