Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Provides support to clients based on own experiences. Responsible for engaging and motivating identified population to seek needed services. Explains, guides, supports and assists clients with goals of improved stability and self-sufficiency, independent living, self-advocacy, and development of supportive relationships. Responsible for assisting individuals with serious mental illness to increase skills in the areas of independent living and self-advocacy. Co-leads client activities.
Location: 11022 27th St, Zion, IL
Hours: 37.5 hours a week;
- Monday-Friday (9:00am-5pm) and rotating weekend hours as needed.
- Saturday, (8:00am-4:00pm), Sunday, 8:00am-12:00pm) with the ability to flex off when working weekend time.
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
Skills and Experience
- Assists in the planning and implementation of activities of the Drop-In Center.
- Assists in the development and leading of mental health recovery groups.
- Assists in the development and leading of advocacy training groups.
- Provides supportive peer counseling.
- Assists in implementing independent living skills and leading independent living skills groups.
- Assist with transportation of client(s) to and from home and outings
- Assists in providing community consultation and education, as assigned.
- Assists in development and facilitation of trainings to clients and community.
- Explains LCHD programs to client and/or family
- Assists family through the intake, referral, and connection with other agencies.
- Job Skill Assessment(s) may be required for this role.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- High school diploma, G.E.D. certificate required;
- Certified Recovery Support Specialist (CRSS) preferred.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.