Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Responsible for providing direct addiction treatment services to clinical client. Provides addiction treatment consultations as requested by LCHD/CHC staff and from other agencies.
Location: 3004 Grand Ave, Waukegan, IL
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
Skills and Experience
- Graduation from an LCME-accredited or ECFMG-accredited medical school
- Completion prior to start date of the corresponding graduate medical education program:
- A minimum of four years of Graduate Medical Education (GME), to include at least three years in a General Medicine OR Family Medicine residency training program approved by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME), AND 12 months in an ACGME-accredited Addiction Medicine fellowship.
- Prior to year 2022, satisfying the American Board of Preventative Medicine’s Time in Practice pathway requirements, or Non-Accredited Fellowship Training pathway requirements.
- A minimum of five years of GME, to include at least four years in an ACGME-approved general adult psychiatry resident training program AND 12 months in an ACGME-approved Addiction Psychiatry fellowship
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Board eligible or initial and continuing Board certification in Addiction Medicine by the American Board of Addiction Medicine or in Addiction Psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, or in either specialty by the National Board of Physicians and Surgeons, or other board certification entity acceptable to the Behavioral Health Medical Director.
- Current active license from the State of Illinois as a Physician; or a letter from the Illinois Department of Professional Regulation stating that the application for licensure endorsement has been approved, with receipt of Illinois license following within six months of initial application date for endorsement.
- Current active and unrestricted Controlled Substance Registration (CSR) from the State of Illinois
- Registration with the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA)
- DATA 2000 Waiver from the DEA.
- Physicians hired after 2002, who are board eligible, will become certified within 3 years of hire/appointment.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.