Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
Not ready to make the move yet, but looking to explore your options for an future choice. Lake County Health Department welcome the opportunity to speak with you. Place your application and someone will reach out to you at a convenient time for further discussion.
About the Role:
Responsible for the provision of comprehensive direct medical care within the scope practice in accordance with established professional standards of care. Provides medical services for patients on a part-time or full-time basis as described in their contract at one or more assigned clinic location. Works with the other care team members to provide quality patient-centered care.
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Schedules
- Full Malpractice & Tail Coverage
- Continuing Medical Education (CME’s)
- Vacation Pay
- Sick Pay
- And MUCH MORE!
Location: Various LCHD locations
Service Area: Family & Internal Medicine
Hours: Varied; based on needs of the clinic
Skills and Experience
- Provides skilled medical examinations of adults and/or children, including complete histories and physicals.
- Provides continuing care of patients and follow-up as needed.
- Prescribes laboratory testing and radiology studies.
- Prescribes and/or administers medications as needed.
- Provides clinical consultation to other staff members and supervision of staff and students as assigned.
- Thoroughly, accurately, and promptly document all service rendered in the electronic medical record for every patient.
- Refers patients to other Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center services, other agencies or to specialists, as the cases require.
- Develops and maintains a basic knowledge of services available at the Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center (LCHD/CHC).
- Upon request, provide teaching, supervising and/or precepting for students and residents as needed in support of Community Health Center objectives and in accordance with requirements set forth in agreements with educational institutions.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Requires graduation from an accredited school of medicine, the completion of one year of residency (internship) in an approved program, and medical license in the State of Illinois. A completed residency in an approved program in a relevant specialty, with Board eligibility is preferred.
- Post residency experience in Primary Care is preferred.
- Ability to work on weekends, holidays and overtime if necessary.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.