Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Responsible for the provision of comprehensive direct medical care within the scope practice in accordance with established professional standards of care. Provides medical services for patients on a part-time or full-time basis as described in their contract at one or more assigned clinic location. Works with the other care team members to provide quality patient-centered care.
Site: Various Location
Specialties in: Family Medicine, Pediatrics and Internal Medicine
Hours: Are to be determined based upon the needs of the clinic.
Skills and Experience
- Provides skilled medical examinations of adults and/or children, including complete histories and physicals.
- Provides continuing care of patients and follow-up as needed.
- Prescribes laboratory testing and radiology studies.
- Prescribes and/or administers medications as needed.
- Provides clinical consultation to other staff members and supervision of staff and students as assigned.
- Thoroughly, accurately, and promptly document all service rendered in the electronic medical record for every patient.
- Refers patients to other Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center services, other agencies or to specialists, as the cases require.
- Develops and maintains a basic knowledge of services available at the Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center (LCHD/CHC).
- Upon request, provide teaching, supervising and/or precepting for students and residents as needed in support of Community Health Center objectives and in accordance with requirements set forth in agreements with educational institutions.
- Is knowledgeable of and is in compliance with CLIA, OSHA, and JCAHO regulations for safety, infection control, equipment operation, and other applicable areas.
- Follows the principles of the Primary Care Medical Home Model.
- Proved education and direction to clients, family members and or significant others.
- May assist in orientation and training of new staff.
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of individual Emergency Preparedness roles.
- Demonstrates adherence to National Patient Safety Goals.
- Participates in quality improvement activities to assess, monitor and improve program services.
- Participates in mandatory in-services and drills, attends staff meetings and other training, including appropriate age specific educational trainings offered on a regular basis for professional development.
- Reports all unusual occurrences that may involve the safety and well being of the clients, patients and/or co-workers, directly to the supervisor and/or Safety Officer.
- Assists and encourages clients/patients in identifying self-management goals.
- Performs duties to meet or exceed productivity, quality and customer service standards.
- Maintains orderliness and cleanliness of clinic and work area.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Requires graduation from an accredited school of medicine, the completion of one year of residency (internship) in an approved program, and medical license in the State of Illinois. A completed residency in an approved program in a relevant specialty, with Board eligibility is preferred.
- Post residency experience in Primary Care is preferred.
- Ability to work on weekends, holidays and overtime if necessary
- Ability to operate computers and knowledge of electronic health records
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.