Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Performs work of considerable difficulty managing the daily operations and staff assigned to a Community Health Center clinic site. Work is distinguished by the ability to coordinate activities throughout the entire work site. Performs related work as required. Direction is received from the Director of Physical Health and Medical Director and supervisory direction is provided to clinic staff.
Location: 2215 14th St, North Chicago, IL & 1840 Green Bay Rd, Highland Park, IL
Hours: 40 hours a week, Monday thru Friday.
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Skills and Experience
- Provides management direction of daily operations of the Community Health Center clinic site.
- Monitors staff and client scheduling and adjusts accordingly to ensure the highest level of care per the Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) care model.
- Manages the patient centered approach to service delivery.
- Prepares, develops, monitors and analyzes clinic budget in accordance with agency guidelines and in conjunction with the Business Manager.
- Prepares, monitors and/or analyzes a variety of reports to ensure clinic operations are meeting projected revenue and expenditure goals.
- Monitors and ensures operational compliance with managed care organization (MCO) contracts.
- Implements operating guidelines, procedures and protocols to support an integrated approach to care by following the Patient Centered Medical Home care model, prioritizing work activities, evaluating effectiveness and modifying activities as necessary.
- Monitors and maintains operational supply inventory and coordinates ordering/purchasing activities per established policies and procedures.
- Resolves patient complaints either in person or over the phone as necessary.
- Collaborates with other supervisory staff to develop department priorities and goals.
- Ensures ongoing training of staff; provides appropriate leadership and direction and promotes positive morale, creativity and teamwork among staff.
- Evaluates employee performance and sets clear goals and expectations.
- Keeps up to date on changes within the healthcare industry which may impact service delivery.
- Recommends and implements new and innovative approaches to integrated service delivery for all clinic services.
- Fosters and encourages individual program staff to understand and identify with the full team at the clinic.
- Connects and outreach with community leaders and organizations to promote and advance the mission of the agency in providing healthcare to individuals in the community.
- Ensures that the assigned clinical site meets the agency’s productivity and operational efficiency goals.
- Ensures that the assigned clinical site meets all approved clinical KPIs and other quality metrics.
- Ensures that the assigned clinical site meets or exceeds the agency’s OPPE standards.
- Ensures that the assigned clinical site obtains a “Likely to recommend” score in quarterly patient satisfaction surveys.
- Develops and implements recommendations for cross training for staff so that there is greater understanding of services available for our patients and opportunities to enhance service to existing patients.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Completion of a Master’s degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, Public Administration, Nursing or a related field or a Bachelor’s with equivalent experience.
- Two (2) years of management experience in healthcare or a combination of healthcare and other operational management experience; or
- An equivalent combination of training and experience.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.